- This event has passed.
First Day to Test Day
June 3 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
What you’ll learn during this workshop:
- Demystify the inference process in order to answer comprehension questions about complex texts.
- Attack questions with test-taking tips to support finding the “best” and “most likely” answers.
- Define the ingredients to a strong constructed response.
- Propel students beyond simply stating evidence to explaining it.
- Identify a step-by-step process for reading and annotating multiple texts in one sitting.
- Dissect how readers integrate ideas learned from multiple sources to generate a new thought or synthesis.
- Provide explicit instruction on academic vocabulary to support students in decoding and responding to prompts.
- Build on the students’ knowledge of short constructed responses to generate long, extended responses.
After participating in the workshop, you will be able to:
- Target the thinking that students must execute when reading any text.
- Reveal to students that their thinking must also be communicated in writing.
- Advance students beyond making single-text inferences to generating multi-text synthesis.
- Raise the rigor to reading multiple texts and composing extended responses — all in one sitting.
This workshop is perfect for:
- Grades 3-12 ELA Teachers
- Grades 6-12 Content-Area Teachers
- Literacy Coaches/Coordinators
- Title I Teachers/Directors
- ELL Teachers
- Special Education Teachers
- K-12 High-Ability Teachers
- K-12 Administrators