Assists the Pastor and several staff members with secretarial and administrative functions. This is a wonderful opportunity to share Jesus’ love as you welcome people to the office, help support the ministry of the priests and other staff in our parish, work with others on the phone, organize correct data systems for helping parishioners in their faith journey, and share the latest parish news and faith opportunities through the bulletin. If you love people and enjoy diversity in what you do, this could be the job for you.
- Handles correspondence and prepares responses in writing and email for the Pastor and Parochial Vicar.
- Maintains the Pastor’s calendar and arranges appointments/meetings.
- Performs many of the secretarial/administrative job responsibilities for the parish including but not limited to answering phones, handling questions about policies and procedures, greeting visitors with a warm welcome, and referring questions and people to the responsible departments in the parish.
- Prepares, submits, and distributes weekly bulletin and other newsletters as assigned.
- The Secretary provides secretarial and clerical support for the parish office operations.
Click for full job description.