Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio is currently accepting applications for a Full Time Bilingual Mental Health Therapists.
This position will be scheduled to work 37.5 hours per week Monday-Friday. The work schedule will be split equally between Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio Midpointe Office and a local public school district.
The Office-Based portion of the position will provide culturally competent mental health services to individuals and families who are experiencing varying levels of difficulties due to life situations or mental health concerns. Although the primary focus will be on serving Latino populations, service provision to non-Latinos may be required.
The School-Based portion of the position supports the social and emotional wellness of limited English proficient students, especially those whose primary language is Spanish. The embedded therapist provides the following interventions: milieu work, individual counseling, group counseling, psychoeducation groups, and mental health and cultural consultations for faculty and staff of a local public school district.
This position is non-exempt, and report to the Director of Mental Health.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide high quality, compassionate and ethical outpatient mental health therapy to clients as
- Complete clinical documentation within expected
- Maintain good standing with the appropriate board and insurance
- Complete all recommended continuing education
- Stay current with updated research and best
- Be aware of community referral sources and refer when
- Secure client information per HIPAA
- Participate in individual and/or group supervision as
- Participate in staff meetings as
- Abide by the agency’s policies and
- Provide up to two group therapy sessions per
- Provide up to eight individual therapy sessions per
- Provide up to one psychoeducation group per
- Provide ten hours of milieu work per
- Provide four hours of consultation per
Minimum Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Master’s degree in counseling or social work
- Must be licensed in the State of Ohio (LSW, LISW, LPC, LPCC, MFT).
- Fluency with oral and written English and Spanish
- Proficient in utilization of computer-based medical records
- Dependent license in counseling or social work
- Effective communication skills with diverse populations and key stakeholders
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Independent license in counseling or social work
Starting pay range for this position is between $21.00-$24.00/hour, depending upon experience.
Catholic Charities Southwest Ohio is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. M/F/Disabled/Vets.