St. Maximilian Kolbe Church, a large suburban parish with over 3200 registered families, is accepting applications for the position of Bookkeeper.
If you are a problem solver, handle multiple tasks easily, quickly, and accurately, and have a heart for working in ministry to the church, St. Max is looking for you!
This is a part-time, 25 hours per week position, reporting to the Pastoral Associate for Finance and Human Resources.
Duties include, but not limited to: accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, and financial reporting.
- Two-year accounting degree or a minimum of two years of accounting or bookkeeping experience
- Experience working with the public
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with accounting software
- Excellent record keeping, data entry and review skills – observant, accurate, and detail-oriented
- Proficiency with databases and basic office software
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task with ease and professionalism
- Ability to prioritize, be flexible, and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality in all matters
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with parishioners, visitors and staff
- Demonstrated initiative with a “can do” attitude to problem-solving
- Demonstrated professional maturity and the ability to represent the parish to those who call or visit
Employees of St. Maximilian Kolbe Catholic Church will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of St. Maximilian Kolbe Catholic Church. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops with regard to Catholic teaching. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing, including the use of social media or other digital technologies. Before starting the position, the bookkeeper must be fingerprinted, complete a background check, and be enrolled and/or current with the Archdiocese of Cincinnati SafeParish child protection training.