Seton High School – 3901 Glenway Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45205
Posted: January 5, 2021
Seton High School, an all-girls Catholic high school sponsored by the Sisters of Charity, seeks a full-time Campus Minister for the second semester of the 20-21 school year. The position entails facilitating a minimum of 6 retreats and supports carrying out the mission and charism of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton within the community. The required qualifications must be met in order to be considered as an applicant.
The Campus Minister supports the creation of an environment that encourages and guides all members of the School community to contribute to the Catholic identity of Seton High School, and provides spiritual-pastoral support for the students, faculty and staff. The Campus Minister has a large role in carrying out the mission and charism of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton. In collaboration with the administration, the faculty and staff, parents, and students, the Campus Minister brings to life a campus rich in spiritual growth, prayer, and discipleship opportunities, as well as sacramental experiences, social justice work, and preparation of leaders in service for the Church and society.
The Campus Minister reports to the Principal and works closely with the Associate Principal and other members of administration.
Practicing Catholic with an active sacramental and faith-life and in good standing with the Church.
- Understanding and commitment to the mission of the Sisters of Charity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Theology, Pastoral Studies, Ministry or related field
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working in youth ministry, youth activities or related field.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Detail oriented
- Advanced knowledge of technology
- Ability to relate to and influence others and to work in a collaborative and mission-focused environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Catholic required
- Help the President and Principal to carry out the school’s responsibilities to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to help young people live out the call to evangelization and discipleship.
- Facilitate an atmosphere of Christian hospitality where all feel welcome, based on Catholic faith traditions and rituals. Acknowledge and celebrate diversity within Seton High School.
- Collaborate with the faculty and staff and coordinate efforts to achieve the goals of Campus Ministry.
- Provide opportunities for the spiritual growth of the students. And in doing that, involve other faculty and staff in leadership roles.
- Organize, plan, and implement an effective retreat program for students, faculty, parents, and staff that contributes to community building, faith development, evangelization, and leadership enrichment.
- Organize, motivate, and initiate various ministry-related programs with students, faculty, staff, and parents.
- Keep parents and families informed of spiritual growth opportunities and eliciting their help when appropriate, with the goal of parental support and encouragement of the child.
- Offer a variety of prayer experiences – personal, communal, and seasonal.
- Provide opportunities for students, staff, and faculty to celebrate the Sacraments, especially the Eucharist and Reconciliation including penance services during Advent and Lent.
- Coordinate liturgical celebrations.
- Organize training for liturgical ministers, lectors, servers, and all other students involved with liturgical celebrations.
- Nurture students in social consciousness based on the Gospels and Catholic Social Teachings. Empower work for justice and service.
- Infuse the concept of justice, peace, human dignity, and the integrity of creation into all aspects of ministry.
- Encourage students to discern the vocation for which God has created them. Provide opportunities for students to lead various activities to be prepared for vacations and leadership roles.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Please email a cover letter, resume and three professional references to the attention of Cassie Whitehouse at [email protected]. No phone calls please.