St. Xavier High School – 600 North Bend Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45224
Posted: September 10, 2021
St. Xavier High School, founded in 1831 and the oldest high school in Cincinnati, Ohio, is an all-male Catholic college preparatory school sponsored by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). With an enrollment of 1400 young men from 3 states and 100 grade schools, St. X takes pride in having educated more than 18,000 living alumni in the Jesuit tradition for more than 186 years.
The successful candidate will have a strong commitment to Catholic education and willingness to work with a talented and motivated student population and faculty colleagues. The successful St. Xavier teacher is dedicated to developing the whole person in academics, religious growth, and commitment to others. This is a one-semester full-time position needed to cover a faculty sabbatical. The candidate will be responsible for teaching a first-year college-preparatory Chemistry course.
– B.S.in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related discipline
– Ohio License in Adolescent to Young Adult (7-12) Chemistry or Physical Science, or previous experience teaching Chemistry
– Experience teaching chemistry at the high school level
– Ability to design lessons that incorporate a variety of instructional methods and techniques
– Ability to effectively integrate technological resources into instruction
– Experience and success in working as a member of a collaborative teaching team
To apply, visit – St. Xavier Employment
Application Deadline: Oct. 8, 2021