Are you on fire for your faith? Do you possess a strong prayer life, passionately loves Jesus Christ and His Church, and desire to faithfully hand down the Deposit of Faith: Sacred Scripture and Tradition, to our youth and young adults?
St. Maximilian Kolbe Parish is seeking candidates to apply for the position of COORDINATOR OF YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULT MINISTRY.
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position, under the supervision of the Pastoral Associate for Evangelization and Catechesis. The Coordinator of Youth and Young Adult Ministry aims to attract youth and young adults to a life-giving encounter with Jesus through personal witness, effective teaching, community building, and discipleship-making. The coordinator will demonstrate a thorough understanding of John Paul II’s Theology of the Body, and be able to transmit it and the Church’s teachings in a way that is both richly informative and deeply transformative.
Duties include, but not limited to:
· Recruit, train and mentor youth and young adult leaders, as well as core team volunteers, to implement the eight components of youth ministry as found in Renewing the Vision: A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry, USCCB, 1997
· Schedule, plan and lead weekly and seasonal youth and young adult events throughout the year
· Create, guide, and/or lead youth and young adult retreats
· Organize trips to local, diocesan, national and international youth and young adult events
· Submits, manages, and maintains a budget for youth and young adult ministry
· All other things deemed necessary by the pastor
· Active member of a Catholic Parish
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Pastoral Ministry, Religious Studies, Theology, Religious Education, or related field
· Certificate in Youth Ministry from a diocese or National Association of Catholic Youth Ministry Leaders
· Previous, relevant experience
Candidate must hold a valid driver’s license (or be eligible for one). Before starting the position, the coordinator must be fingerprinted, complete a background check, and be enrolled and/or current with the Archdiocese of Cincinnati SafeParish child protection training.