Ursuline Academy – 5535 Pfeiffer Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45242
Posted: September 9, 2021
Development Associate: Ursuline Academy seeks motivated and detail-oriented Development Associate to manage the development department’s database administration and provide development and administrative support to the Annual Fund and the development team as a whole.
Reports to: Director of Development
Ursuline Academy: Ursuline Academy is an independent, college-preparatory Catholic high school for young women in grades 9-12 founded by the Ursuline Sisters of Brown County, Ohio in 1896. In the Catholic tradition of an Ursuline education, our mission is to prepare the young woman for college and beyond by nurturing her soul, intellect, heart, and imagination. The selected candidate must understand and support the mission, vision, and philosophy of Ursuline Academy.
Development Associate: Ursuline’s Development Associate is primarily responsible for maintaining, updating, and managing Ursuline’s fundraising database The Raiser’s Edge NXT.
In addition, this person is responsible for supporting the execution of the Annual Fund campaign among alumnae, current parents, and past parents. The Development Associate will ensure appropriate mailing/contact rosters are created and that solicitation materials are distributed on schedule. The strategy and content for the Annual Fund Campaign will be established by the Director of Development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Act as gift processor and database manager for donor database The Raiser’s Edge NXT:
• Maintain accurate records within the database
• Process incoming gifts, sponsorships, donations, and event registrations
• Draft, process, mail, and track acknowledgment letters
• Create and mail pledge reminders
• Generate development queries and exports
• Create mailing and email lists
• Manage matching gift program
• Support prospect research and maintain accurate profiles
• Complete financial reconcile with finance department; Collaborate with finance and audit teams to solve any discrepancies with the audit or reconciliation process
• Train incoming staff on Raiser’s Edge NXT and act as database knowledgebase
• Assists in the development and implementation of database standards, policies, and procedures, and maintain detailed documentation
• Process yearly data cleanup
2. Support the Annual Fund Campaign among alumnae, current parents, past parents, and the senior class.
• Ensure appropriate mailing lists are created, segmented, cleaned, and setup for solicitation
• Manage the production of necessary solicitation materials and ensure they are merged, printed, collated and mailed to all constituencies on schedule
• Maintain supply of solicitation materials and supplies within the development office
• Support volunteers helping with Annual Fund solicitation
• Help to run twice-yearly phone-a-thon and text-a-thon solicitations
• Track outgoing solicitations and be able to produce reporting for the team
• Provide additional administrative support for development efforts
3. Other duties as assigned by the Director or Development and/or President.
• Superior attention to detail is required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
• Must know how to prioritize workflow and assignments and meet deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
• High level of discretion for dealing with donor information, including gifts
Occasional evenings and weekends may be required to assist with events.
The qualified applicant must possess a bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of relevant experience. Prior experience working in Raisers Edge or similar donor database is required.
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line, “Development Associate”. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Position is available for immediate hire. No phone calls, please.