Purcell High School – 2935 Hackberry St., Cincinnati, OH 45206
Posted: November 13, 2023
Grades 9-12: Development Officer/Full-Time: The Development Officer reports to the Advancement Director and provides direct support to ensure key fundraising goals are met. This includes planning, leading and executing all tasks, events, meetings and dealings necessary to ensure Purcell Marian meets or exceeds the annual strategic fundraising plan set by the Advancement Director.
Responsibilities and Duties:
– Manage the Department’s fundraising strategies to support the overall Department objectives and contributed revenue goals.
– In coordination with the Advancement Director, and as strategically planned, the Development Officer proactively connects with donors and constituents to solicit gifts and cultivate relationships that lead to increased funding.
– Actively supports the Advancement Director through the donor development cycle, including donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgement, ongoing partnership and stewardship,
– Prepares, reviews, analyzes and presents donor data to provide critical insights to the Department and Leadership Team in order to drive all fundraising objectives and revenue goals for the school.
– Actively uses data analytics to measure and report the progress of fundraising goals and initiatives to the Advancement Director and Department. The data should assist the Advancement Director in setting benchmark milestones on financial results, relationship development goals, and define the year-round engagement and donor stewardship processes.
– Maintains donor database to track, record, and monitor donor information, including interactions and dashboards.
– Ensures that all donations are accurately processed, and donors are properly acknowledged for their support on a timely basis.
– Assists in identifying opportunities to re-engage donors, including but not limited to lapsed donors, strategically identified LYBUNTs, annual givers and coordination of strategic class gifts.
– Supports several key committees, such as the Board Fundraising Committee and Alumni Association, to strategically identify opportunities for increased revenue and engagement.
– Leads the implementation of donor recognition and stewardship activities.
– Organizes and leads all Department events, working with community partners, vendors, staff and alumni to ensure success, ensuring that all milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
– Responsible for creating and maintaining key Department materials, including but not limited to meeting agendas, proposals, planning documents and meeting briefs, as needed.
– Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
– This is a full-time 12-month position.
– Advanced degree, including 5 years of non-profit development experience preferred.
– Proven success meeting fundraising goals through diverse funding streams. Grant writing experience is a plus.
– Experience working with board members and other high-level volunteers in the cultivation and stewardship of donors and partners.
– Understand long-term development planning, prospect management and strategic engagement principles.
– Must be comfortable with making asks personally, by phone calls and via email.
– Excellent project management skills, including planning initiatives and motivating participants to achieve goals.
– Ability and willingness to work outside of standard business hours, including weekends and evenings; This role requires frequent evenings and weekends and allows for a flexible schedule.
– Experience and skill in Salesforce or related donor database is a plus.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Suite.
– Knowledge of Catholic schools, long-term development planning, prospect management and strategic engagement principles.
– Comfortability in working with diverse ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds of the student body, alumni base and broad community.
Contact: Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].