Posted: September 14, 2021
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul (SVDP) is seeking a part-time External Relations Coordinator. The External Relations Coordinator is responsible for supporting the efforts of the External Relations team to promote and engage the community in the mission of SVDP. Specifically, the External Relations Coordinator will support the planning and execution of SVDP’s three main fundraising events, as well as smaller stewardship events, facilitate donation drives (coats, food, toys, etc.) with community partners and source and create content for social and owned media (newsletters, annual reports, etc).
Create and schedule posts for SVDP’s four social media platforms in accordance with SVDP’s social media calendar; source content, write language and find/design images
- Identify neighbors and volunteers willing to share the story of their engagement with SVDP; arrange interviews and draft stories to be featured through SVDP’s different communication channels
- Support fundraising and stewardship event coordination, from the initial, conceptual planning stage to day-of logistics
- Manage the silent auction/raffle components of SVDP’s events: solicit donations of gift cards, experiences and items; develop communications for auction; package items; train volunteers
- Create communications and signage for events, as needed; this may include communications through SVDP’s email marketing system and simple graphic design of signage for event
- Serve as a main point of contact for select community partners who are supporting SVDP through a donation drive (to collect items like food, coats and personal care items for SVDP); facilitate logistics of these efforts
- Support maintenance of SVDP’s WordPress website; including simple graphic design work, drafting copy and updating existing copy, as needed
- Provide support and perform other duties as needed for the External Relations Team
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul
- Highly developed attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Adaptability to a fast-paced and fast-changing work environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with different constituencies
- Familiarity with social media platforms and event planning
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, and preferred proficiency with Canva or Adobe InDesign, WordPress and Constant Contact
- High school or equivalent diploma required; associates or bachelor’s degree preferred
- Availability to work some event-related evenings and weekends
Physical Requirements: Job duties can primarily be performed from a desk using standard office equipment. Occasional requirement to lift items of 20 pounds for special events.
Reports to: Events and Partnerships Manager & Marketing and Communications Manager
Hours: 20 hours/week (TBD), Non-Exempt
Location: SVDP’s Liz Carter Center (1125 Bank Street)
St. Vincent de Paul – Cincinnati (SVDP) has served residents of greater Cincinnati for over 150 years with basic needs such as food, medicine, and homelessness prevention through its outreach center in the West End and through 53 parish-based volunteer Conferences. SVDP provides holistic direct assistance and systemic change services while treating neighbors in need with dignity and compassion.
SVDP’s mission: A network of neighbors, inspired by Gospel values, growing in holiness and building a more just world through personal relationships with and service to people in need.