Intervention Specialist – Piqua Catholic School
Piqua Catholic School, 503 W. North St., Piqua, OH 45356
Piqua Catholic School – 503 W. North St., Piqua, OH 45356 (937) 773-1564
Posted: May 24, 2023
Intervention Specialist/Full-Time: We are looking for a person who is passionate about teaching and is looking to join a school they can call home!
The Intervention Specialist provides specialized training in ELA and Mathematics, as well as other subjects, to students who are struggling academically. They work directly with the general education teachers to create and implement plans to meet the needs of all students on an IEP and those who may need extra support in addition to what the classroom teacher can provide.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assesses students and groups using various test results to help determine placement.
2. Uses data, such as progress reports, to provide instruction to students and bring their skills up to grade-level.
3. Monitors the progress of his or her entire caseload, maintains records and communicates with parents and teachers.
4. Attends and participates in ongoing training sessions, data analysis meetings and workshops.
5. Works with a team to help identify the best practices for individual students and groups of students.
6. Provide input regarding the development and implementation of an intervention plan.
7. Works with teachers and principal to teach the intervention tactics.
8. Prepares reports for parents, teachers, and principal regularly.
9. Participates in evaluations of the intervention plan.
10. Manages and orders materials that are necessary for performing job functions.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Must be able to work collaboratively with groups of parents, teachers, and students.
2. Demonstrates the ability to make appropriate recommendations to teachers based upon collected data.
3. Shows ability to use basic office equipment such as computers, fax machines, copiers and telephones.
4. Possesses a strong understanding of the English language, spelling and proper grammar.
5. Demonstrates patience for working and students who may have serious learning disabilities.
6. Shows the ability to create and maintain a safe, orderly environment that is conductive to learning.
Education and Experience: The Intervention Specialist must hold a Bachelor’s degree and have an active Intervention Specialist License in the State of Ohio. Experience as an Intervention Specialist is preferred.
Contact: Interested candidates can send resume and cover letter to Brad Zimmerman, Principal at [email protected].