Mount Notre Dame High School – 711 East Columbia Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45215 (513) 821-3044
Posted: November 20, 2023
Grades 9-12: Long Term Substitute School Counselor/Full-Time: Mount Notre Dame High School is hiring for a long-term substitute School Counselor. The paid position will begin in January 2024 for approximately 8 weeks. For any candidates seeking an extended internship possibility starting in January 2024, Mount Notre Dame is open to that discussion.
This position requires a skill set for advising students on personal and academic matters. Experience with personal/social development, academic advising, collegiate advising, career advising, standardized testing, Naviance and/or other technology-based programs and experience working as a counselor in a high school environment are desirable. Candidates should demonstrate that they work well in a team setting.
– Works cooperatively with faculty, administration, students and parents in support of:
* Emotional health and well-being, problem solving, peer facilitation and crisis management.
* Academic growth, the post-secondary planning and application process and career planning.
* Demonstrate effective active listening skills and counseling theories and techniques.
* Complies with state and federal laws and regulations related to school counseling.
* Possesses advanced computer skills and effective organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
– Certification/License in Counseling
– Master’s degree in Counseling, Education, or Education Administration preferred
Preferred Experience: Experience as a counselor in a high school environment
Mount Notre Dame seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented faculty and staff from a diverse candidate pool. Our goal is to build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills and to reflect the learning community we serve.
Contact: Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to Mrs. Karen Day, Principal at [email protected].
Mount Notre Dame is one of Cincinnati’s oldest all-female Catholic schools founded in 1860 by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur. MND educates young women from mor than 65 zip codes, representing over 100 different grade schools. MND continues to carry on a strong tradition of educational excellence with a current enrollment of almost 700 students. MND offers 4 academic levels, 20 Advanced Placement classes, 27 Honor classes and 11 College Credit Plus classes.
Catholic Candidate: Preferred