Posted October 4, 2021
Catholic Charities Southwest Ohio is currently searching for Mental Health Clinicians interested in a rewarding career providing services to immigrants, refugees, and the vulnerable in our community.
The experience of migration can be complex and stressful, related to events before departure, during travel and transit, and after arrival. Consequently, refugees and migrants can suffer from mental disorders, although prevalence is highly variable across studies and population groups.
Come and join our team! There is an opportunity for you to participate in our mission for world class compassion and hospitality. As a Mental Health Therapist with Catholic Charities, you will provide culturally competent mental health services to individuals and families who are experiencing varying levels of difficulties due to life situations or mental health concerns. We have multiple opportunities with flexible work schedules, including part-time and full-time hours, tele-health, office/school-based clinicians. Although the primary focus will be on serving Latino, Immigrant, and Refugee communities, we do serve all those in need.
We have several schedule and office location opportunities available. If you have the passion to serve the most vulnerable in our community, we have a role for you.
CCSWOH offers comprehensive benefits package including group health, dental, vision insurance, 401k employer contribution, employee assistance plan, life insurance, and disability coverage. Visit https://benefits.catholiccincinnati.org/ to view specifics on group insurance coverage. Immediate eligibility of 15 days of PTO and 11 paid holidays per year. Eligibility in these benefit programs will depend on hours worked.
Competitive starting rate of pay depending on past experience, language ability, licensure and schedule availability.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide high quality, compassionate and ethical outpatient mental health therapy to clients as
- Complete clinical documentation within expected
- Maintain good standing with the appropriate board and insurance
- Complete all recommended continuing education
- Stay current with updated research and best
- Be aware of community referral sources and refer when
- Secure client information per HIPAA
- Participate in individual and/or group supervision as
- Participate in staff meetings as
- Abide by the agency’s policies and
- Provide individual therapy to clients on caseload.
- Be available to provide therapeutic groups as needed.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Master’s degree in counseling or social work
- Must be licensed in the State of Ohio (LSW, LISW, LPC, LPCC, MFT).
- Fluency with oral and written English and Spanish
- Proficient in utilization of computer-based medical records
- Dependent license in counseling or social work
- Effective communication skills with diverse populations and key stakeholders.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Independent license in counseling or social work
Typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment
- Talk to other employees/clients and hear them;
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds
About Catholic Charities and Organizational Responsibility:
For more than 100 years, Catholic Charities has served the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. Our programs have changed over the years, but our commitment to serve the poor, protect the vulnerable and welcome the stranger has not wavered. Our mission is to Serve, Enlighten and Empower. We serve local families and change local lives.
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Catholic Charities Southwest Ohio is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. M/F/Disabled/Vets.