Are you on fire for your faith? Do you possess a strong prayer life, passionately loves Jesus Christ and His Church, and desire to use media to proclaim the goodness, beauty and truth of the Catholic faith?
St. Maximilian Kolbe Parish is seeking energetic candidates to apply for the position of Pastoral Associate for Communications.
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position, under the supervision of the pastor.
The Pastoral Associate for Communications develops and implements an overall strategy for the communications of the parish in order to evangelize, educate and inform.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Develop and publish content across various communication channels: print, websites, social media, blog posts, feature stories, videos, infographics, etc.
- Work cooperatively to support parish staff, commissions and ministries
- Ensure St. Maximilian Kolbe Church identity, brand and mission is expressed consistently through all media channels
- Creatively maintain and optimize website, SEO and overall digital footprint
- College degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field desired
- An understanding of the teachings and mission of the Catholic Church
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of social media platforms and social media marketing
- Previous experience and knowledge in web design and content management systems
- Working knowledge of email marketing and campaign software such as Constant Contact, Flocknote or MailChimp
- Previous experience in graphic design and content creation (Adobe CC or equivalent design programs)
Employees of St. Maximilian Kolbe Catholic Church will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of St. Maximilian Kolbe Catholic Church. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops with regard to Catholic teaching. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing, including the use of social media or other digital technologies. Before starting the position, the pastoral associate must be fingerprinted, complete a background check, and be enrolled and/or current with the Archdiocese of Cincinnati SafeParish child protection training.