St. John the Baptist is seeking a full time PASTORAL MINISTER. The primary function of this position is as follows:
The Pastoral Minister provides leadership and administration of specific areas of parish life, and facilitates the enabling of others in ministry, in addition to providing some direct care. The Pastoral Minister is also the Director of Adult Faith Formation with responsibilities to reach those who are 18 and older in the parish and the community.
- Collaborating with parish staff and leadership in providing leadership to the parish
- Insuring the support services of communication and financial planning for designated areas of responsibility
- Developing, empowering, and coordinating ministers and service teams to provide quality ministry to the parish
- Maintaining good working relationships and effective communications with parish community, various businesses in the community, and the local churches
- Providing spiritual leadership through leading and teaching
Key Skill, Knowledge and/or Abilities
- College degree desired and/or five to ten (5-10) years ministry experience
- Leadership, facilitating and consulting skills
- Counseling or active listening skills
- Current in Church theology and on pastoral, spiritual, psychological, ecclesiastical and management techniques, in order to provide appropriate direction to the pastoral groups
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
Click HERE for a full job description.