St. Vincent-St. Mary High School, Akron, OH
Posted: September 6, 2023
St. Vincent-St. Mary (“STVM”) High School, located in Akron, Ohio, is a 660-student, four year, co-educational, college preparatory Marianist-sponsored Catholic high school. STVM was the first Catholic high school founded in Summit County and is the only STEM designated Catholic high school in the state of Ohio. STVM is a Marianist school with a long tradition of academic and co-curricular excellence while maintaining focus on innovation. We have been an integral part of the Akron community for more than 100 years, providing quality education rooted in the Catholic faith. Over 19,000 alumni of St. Mary, St. Vincent, and St. Vincent-St. Mary are proud to be a part of our rich history. St. Vincent-St. Mary High School is governed by an Executive Board, in cooperation with the administrative team, faculty, parents, and support organizations, and operates with the blessing and guidance of the Diocese of Cleveland. We meet all standards of the Ohio Catholic School Accrediting Association, North Central Association, and the State of Ohio. Our goal is to provide for the well-rounded spiritual, academic, emotional and physical development of our students.
Our curriculum includes College Prep, Honors, Advanced Placement and College Credit Plus courses, as well as Specific Educational needs for students who qualify. The successful candidate should be available to start during the 2023-2024 school year.
The President serves as the Chief Executive Officer, primary external representative and spiritual leader of the school and has overall responsibility for the management of the school. The President serves as the direct liaison to STVM’s Executive Board, the Diocese of Cleveland, and the Society of Mary.
While the President supervises the Principal and thus is charged with sustaining the academic reputation of the school and all of its academic programs and activities, the position most actively engages in the areas of finance, enrollment, advancement, marketing, facilities and related business affairs to provide long-term financial stability for the school.
– Serves as the school’s spiritual leader and ensures that the school’s Catholic and Marianist identity is strengthened and maintained among all constituencies.
– Provides visionary and strategic leadership to advance the school’s mission and strategic plan.
– Actively engages in all efforts associated with sound fiscal management, fundraising, admissions, marketing and alumni relations.
– Must be able to effectively manage, supervise, and delegate responsibility to senior staff members.
– Closely collaborating with the COO/CFO position, maintains ultimate oversight for all long-range planning, all of the business, finance, cash planning and accounting operations and development of the annual budget for final approval by the Executive Board.
– Serves as the chief spokesperson for the school and develops key relationships with and outside the school community.
– Works closely with Advancement to ensure that fundraising objectives, to include endowment, annual giving and any campaign initiatives, are achieved to meet both the present and future, longer-range capital needs of STVM.
– Supervises the Principal and delegates the day-to day responsibilities for academic and co-curricular programs and policies to the President.
– The President is responsible for supervision, evaluation and professional development of all personnel under his/her direction, including the Principal, COO/CFO and senior staff members associated with Advancement, Admissions, Marketing, Human Resources and Facilities.
– Serves as the lead administrator for addressing legal, crisis communication, and public relations issues with retained counsel and other advisors.
The successful candidate will be a practicing Roman Catholic with demonstrated leadership abilities and a sincere interest in Catholic secondary education. Individual will possess an “entrepreneurial spirit” with robust collaborative and relationship-building abilities.
The successful candidate will also have a proven track record of achievement in Institutional Development (e.g. Annual Fund, donor base development, endowment-building, Capital Campaign or Planned Giving), or transferable skills with respect to Business/Institutional Development or Sales.
The successful candidate will enter into a multi-year contract with STVM, reporting to the St. Vincent-St. Mary Executive Board.
Contact: Applicants should apply via email to Thomas Snyder, Director of Human Resources at [email protected].