Mercy McAuley High School – 6000 Oakwood Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45224
Posted: November 14, 2023
Mercy McAuley High School is an independent, all-girls high school located in the North College Hill area of Cincinnati, Ohio. It is a sponsored ministry of the Institute of the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas and is a member of Mercy Education. The school is committed to excellence in education, compassionate service and leadership in a Christ-centered community.
Mercy McAuley is seeking a dynamic, collaborative leader to serve as Principal and lead a dedicated team of educators and staff to ensure the success and continued growth of the school. The Principal will serve in partnership with a recently appointed President to develop strategic initiatives to help guide the school to the next level of excellence.
Mercy McAuley High School is where a diverse community of 350 young women gain a broader worldview as part of a community. Within this sisterhood, each student is guided to mature in confidence and purpose through a customized plan for personal development. Mercy McAuley provides a diverse range of formative experiences, innovative programs, experiential education, faith formation, and off-campus service learning opportunities. Mercy McAuley students think and learn beyond their comfort zone and are equipped to bring compassionate change to the world.
Specific qualifications and characteristics for the next Principal include:
– Advanced degree in educational administration; State Certification in educational administration
– Minimum of five (5) years administrative experience and ten (10) years of teaching experience
– A strong commitment to Catholic education in an all-girls secondary environment
– Interest in being a confident and effective member of a collaborative leadership model
– An ability to build, lead and work with a team of faculty and staff
– An eagerness to be a visible presence in the school and the community
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– A strong understanding of trends in education and best learning practices
– Support of the teachings of the Catholic Church, Mercy values, & the mission and vison of Mercy McAuley High School
The successful candidate will assume the position effective July 1, 2024. Applicants should submit a cover letter outlining their interest in this position and how their experience relates to the qualifications and characteristics listed; a resume; and three references with contact information. Note Principal Search and your name in the subject line and email to [email protected].