Posted October 4, 2021
Catholic Charities Southwest Ohio is currently accepting applications for a Full Time Recruitment and Retention Specialist within their Language Services Department.
This position is responsible for the recruitment of contract interpreters for the Language Services Department. This will be achieved through the development of a recruitment plan, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas. This position serves as the main point of contact for contract interpreters.
This position is based out of our Montgomery office location (10700 Montgomery Road), normal working schedule is Monday-Friday, reports to the Language Service Director, and is a non-exempt position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Source active and passive candidates utilizing multiple outlets (recruiting sites, social media, virtual job fairs, non-traditional methods, etc.)
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts to help identify and source qualified candidates
- Build candidate sources and ensures pipeline creation by researching and recommending new places to recruit.
- Screen resumes, interview candidates (by phone or in person), conduct reference/background checks, and make candidate recommendations to Language Services Coordinator
- Achieve recruitment goals determined by the Language Services Coordinator
- Partner with Language Services Coordinator and internal departments to identify appropriate future interpreter needs by language.
- Develop and implement a recruitment strategy under the direction of the Languages Services Coordinator and action plan to achieve identified needs
- Manage the candidate process and facilitate candidate completion of requirements and initial informational session.
- Maintain independent contractor files and ensure all required documents are up to date and in the file
- Maintain and promote communication with contract interpreters on an ongoing basis.
- Respond to inquiries and concerns of interpreters in a timely manner.
- Facilitate problem resolution in conjunction with Language Services Director.
- Maintain scheduling software and work with finance office.
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED is required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Demonstrate critical thinking and ability to understand and build positive relationships
- Fluency with oral and written English.
- Prior experience in recruitment is preferred.
- Foreign language preferred
- Cultural Sensitivity required
About Catholic Charities and Organizational Responsibility:
For more than 100 years, Catholic Charities has served the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. Our programs have changed over the years, but our commitment to serve the poor, protect the vulnerable and welcome the stranger has not wavered. Our mission is to Serve, Enlighten and Empower. We serve local families and change local lives.
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
CCSWOH offers comprehensive benefits package including group health, dental, vision insurance, 401k employer contribution, employee assistance plan, life insurance, and disability coverage. Visit https://benefits.catholiccincinnati.org/ to view specifics on group insurance coverage. Immediate eligibility to 15 days of PTO and 11 paid holidays per year.
Starting pay range for this position is approximately $18.00-$19.50/hr, depending upon experience.
Catholic Charities Southwest Ohio is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. M/F/Disabled/Vets.