- This event has passed.
Behavior Solutions: A Practical Roadmap for SEL Success in All Tiers Workshop
October 20 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
If we have learned anything through teaching during this pandemic, it is that the term “behavior” doesn’t simply refer to a disruptive student. The term behavior refers to academic behaviors (skill-based) and social behaviors (will-based) and both need to be taught and reinforced in every tier of systematic SEL supports at your school.
Fostering positive behavior and SEL by utilizing the PLC at Work® and RTI at Work™ processes will boost your school’s positive school culture, increase attendance, improve behavior, prepare students for life, and address inequities in school discipline. This workshop is designed to create a practical roadmap for meeting the needs of the whole child.
- Identify their school’s current reality in each tier.
- Create a roadmap for successful schoolwide implementation.
- Acquire strategies to avoid implementation barriers.
- Discover how to function as a PLC with the focus on behavior and assign RTI in each tier.
- Study each tier of behavioral support—prevention, intervention, and remediation—and understand how to construct successful behavior intervention processes at each tier.
- Recognize the roles and responsibilities for the leadership team, intervention team, and teacher teams during SEL implementation.
- Gain evidence-based solutions to address complex challenges such as engagement, motivation, and attendance.