- This event has passed.
August 4 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This workshop is perfect for:
- Grades 3-12 Teachers
- Literacy Coaches
- Literacy Coordinators
- Title I Teachers/Directors
- ELL Teachers
- High-Ability Teachers
What you’ll learn during this workshop:
- Understand the four phases of the workshop launch.
- Learn classroom-tested routines and procedures to establish the writing environment.
- Set the tone that writing occurs daily.
- Receive organizational ideas for writers’ notebooks.
- Learn day-by-day strategies to introduce the 6 Traits of Writing so teachers and students are using a common language.
- Balance free-choice writing topics with teacher-assigned topics.
- Receive ready-to-go lessons with supporting resources, activity pages, and authentic student writing samples.
After participating in the workshop, you will be able to:
- Kick off the school year with a 20-day “game plan” for teaching writing.
- Establish routines to effectively manage a writer’s workshop.
- Implement a writer’s notebook in the classroom.
- Lead efficient and effective writing conferences with students.
- Develop a classroom writing rubric that students can use and understand.
- Transition from procedural lessons into the first writing unit.