- This event has passed.
An Introduction to Literacy Stations
June 1 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
What you’ll learn during this workshop:
- Learn how the five components of reading can be supported with literacy stations.
- Recognize how literacy stations can be used to address grade-level specific standards.
- Gain ideas for planning purposeful, achievement-driven station activities.
- Boost students’ comprehension of literature and informational texts with listening stations.
- Learn how to establish routines that foster independence in all K-5 students.
- Discover how to grow students’ stamina for working independently.
- Determine how to assign letter grades to work completed in literacy stations.
After participating in the workshop, you will be able to:
- Use anchor charts to effectively teach and remind students of procedural expectations.
- Utilize existing classroom materials to set up and implement engaging literacy stations.
- Teach students to efficiently transition from one station to another.
- Organize a classroom library for K-5 students that encourages reading based on interests.
- Engage students in hands-on word-study stations that build skills in phonemic awareness, phonics, and vocabulary.
- Begin the school year with your own 6-week “game plan” for launching literacy stations.