- This event has passed.
Response to Intervention at Work
October 5, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Proven techniques to close learning gaps
RTI is not a series of implementation steps to cross off on a list, but a way of thinking about how educators can ensure each child receives the time and support needed to achieve success. This virtual workshop is designed for school teams who have started RTI but are still refining processes or experiencing challenges. The presenter has worked with hundreds of schools throughout North America and can help your school make RTI efficient, effective, and equitable. RTI work must be divided between collaborative teacher teams and two schoolwide teams (a leadership team and an intervention team). Together, the entire school assumes responsibility for the learning of every student.
As an active virtual participant, you will learn why bureaucratic, paperwork-heavy, compliance-oriented, test-score-driven approaches fail, and then discover how to create an RTI model that works. Acquire four essential guiding principles—collective responsibility, concentrated instruction, convergent assessment, and certain access—and experience a simple process for bringing these principles to life in your school.
- Drive implementation using the four guiding principles.
- Create a school leadership team to steer the shift to a culture of collective responsibility.
- Utilize collaborative teacher teams to define essential learnings.
- Create a toolbox of effective interventions.
- Build a schoolwide intervention team to address complex issues such as motivation, attendance, and behavior.