Across grades K–12, some reading skills are significantly more difficult for students to learn than others. At Renaissance, we call these skills Trip Steps because they can cause a sudden stumble in learning.
Join us for an in-depth look at these challenging yet essential reading skills—which actually increase in number as students advance from elementary to middle school. You’ll understand:
- How we identified Trip Steps—and why these skills are so challenging for students to master
- Which grade levels and skill areas have the most reading Trip Steps
- How Trip Steps align with the Science of Reading
- Why an understanding of Trip Steps is vital for learning recovery
- How to prioritize instruction on these critical skills this year
This edWebinar will be of interest to K-12 teachers, school and district leaders, reading directors, federal program directors, instructional coaches, and interventionists. There will be time for questions at the end of the presentation.