- This event has passed.
Yes We Can! An Unprecedented Opportunity to Improve Special Education Outcomes
October 27, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Yes We Can! An Unprecedented Opportunity to Improve Special Education Outcomes Virtual Workshop: A Live 2-Day Event with Heather Friziellie
As states adopt more rigorous academic standards, schools must determine how to ensure all students—including English learners, children with special needs, children from poverty, and children facing trauma—learn at the highest levels. During this virtual training, general and special educators will discover how to utilize PLC best practices to develop collaborative partnerships, close achievement gaps, and maximize learning for all.
- Learn strategies for building a school culture that believes all students can succeed.
- Examine collaborative structures to support high levels of learning.
- Explore the essential elements of a guaranteed and viable curriculum.
- Understand how to design a balanced and coherent system of assessment.
- Discover a protocol for unpacking and prioritizing units at the team level, including scaffolding instruction.
- Design standards-aligned instruction with a focus on tailoring learning based on data.
- Understand the connections among response to intervention (RTI), professional learning communities (PLCs), and special education.
- Create individualized education program (IEP) goals specific to student areas of deficit.
- Develop systems for efficiently and formatively monitoring student progress toward learning goals.
- Develop a plan for site-based next steps.