We are excited to announce that the Archdiocese will once again partner with GiveCentral to bring you #GIVECatholicAOC on Giving Tuesday, November 30, 2021. Parishes, schools, and Catholic non-profit organizations will once again have the opportunity to raise funds online for their own local needs.
The Giving Tuesday website, with up-to-date leaderboard, can be found at:
For questions about #GiveCatholicAOC, email Teresa Meyer at [email protected]
Please click the link below to register your parish, school, or ministry to participate in the GIVECatholicAOC day of giving on Giving Tuesday, November 30, 2021.
Important Information about Giving Tuesday
1) Donation Platform Opens on Monday, November 15. The GiveCentral giving platform will be open to accept donations starting on Monday, November 15. Organizations have the option to begin accepting donations on November 15 or waiting until the actual giving day on Tuesday, November 30, (the donation button can be turned “ON” or “OFF” in the settings of your admin page).
2) Prize Awards. Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors, we will once again offer prizes for the organizations that have the most donors. The dollar amount for prizes is still being finalized as sponsorship contributions are still being made.
Prize Award Rules: Only online donations made on the GiveCentral platform will count toward prizes. Offline donations ARE NOT eligible. Prizes will be based on individual donors, multiple donations made by the same donor will only be counted once. Prizes will be awarded based on the total number of individual donors participating between November 15 and November 30. In the event of a tie, the organization with the highest average donation will break the tie.
3) Receiving Donations Made on Giving Tuesday. Donations made on Giving Tuesday will be processed by GiveCentral and deposited through the Archdiocese. Funds will be distributed by check to organizations – our goal is to distribute funds within 10 to 14 business days after Giving Tuesday. Please note that depending on the volume of transactions, # of failed transactions, requests for refunds, etc., additional time may be needed to complete the bank reconciliation process needed to finalize distributions.
Note about Fees: New this year, we have negotiated a “flat fee” with GiveCentral for processing contributions. This will allow donors to cover the fees when finalizing their donation(s) – note: covering the fee is optional for the donor. Our hope is that having a flat fee will also allow for a quicker turnaround on reconciling deposits with contributions and distributing funds to participating organizations.
Here is the break-down of transaction fees for the GiveCentral Platform:
- ACH (Electronic Check): 0.4% + 0.38 per transaction
- Credit Card: 3.25% +0.30 per transaction.
Processing fees will be taken out before the distribution of funds. Organizations will receive the Net Donation amount.
4) Donation Acknowledgement & Receipts
Donors making a contribution(s) through the GIVECatholicAOC platform, powered by GiveCentral, will be sent a donation receipt via email from the Archdiocese. This receipt will include the appropriate language for tax deduction purposes.
If a donor contributes via check/cash directly to the organization, the organization should send a donation receipt acknowledging the contribution.
5) “Assessment Waiver” for Parish Donations
The Archdiocesan “assessment waiver” for parish donations continues to apply for online donations made on Giving Tuesday through the GIVECatholicAOC website.
To be eligible for the assessment waiver, the following criteria applies:
- Donation is made online through the GIVECatholicAOC platform, powered by GiveCentral, via credit card or EFT.
- Donation is made on Giving Tuesday, November 30 (12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.).
Offline donations added to the GiveCentral system, such as checks received at the parish, are not eligible for the assessment waiver. Tracking online donations is the most efficient and accurate way to manage this process.
Cash and check donations for Giving Tuesday received by the parish should be deposited by the parish receiving the donation.
For questions or additional information, please contact the Director of the Stewardship Department, David Kissell, at (513) 263-3381 or email [email protected].
Introduction to Giving Tuesday
& Best Practices in Social Media
Giving Tuesday "Are You Ready"
Weekly Training Offered by GiveCentral
Giving Tuesday Graphics & Media Toolkit
Ready to join GIVECatholicAOC? Use these resources for ideas on giving back, rallying your networks, and inspiring others.
|Sample Social Media Posts for GIVECatholicAOC||10-09-2021||Download|
|SAMPLE EMAILS for GIVECatholicAOC||10-09-2021||Download|
|GiveCatholicAOC Logo _ White background||10-09-2021||DownloadPreview|
|GiveCatholicAOC Logo _ Blue background||10-09-2021||DownloadPreview|
|GT banner||GIVECatholicAOC banner for use on website.||08-31-2021||DownloadPreview|
|GIVECatholicAOC logo with date||GIVECatholicAOC Logo with Giving Tuesday date.||08-31-2021||DownloadPreview|
|GIVECatholicAOC_FBFrame||Graphic that can be used for your Facebook profile banner.||08-31-2021||DownloadPreview|
|GIVECatholicAOC_Crowdfunding page banner image||Banner graphic that can be used for your GiveCentral crowdfunding page.||08-31-2021||DownloadPreview|