Marriage Prep Resources
Resources for Clergy
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT!
This is an exciting time filled with many blessings and preparations. The steps below will help you in your Catholic Marriage Preparation Process.
1. As soon as possible after your engagement, contact your parish and set up a meeting with a priest or deacon. He will walk you through the following steps to assist you in preparing for a life-long and joy-filled marriage.
2. Complete one of the following marriage preparation inventories and participate in follow up:
3. Genesis Retreat (Pre-Cana)
4. Complete a course in Natural Family Planning through one of the following NFP providers:
- Receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation
- Pray as a couple daily
- Participate in on-going events for married couples at your parishes or neighboring parishes.
Check out these Frequently Asked Questions by Engaged Couples.
NEED TO RESCHEDULE PRE-CANA? Send an email to: [email protected]
Marriage Enrichment and Support Resources
Marriage Resources from the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops
Marriage Enrichment and Support
- Retrouvaille Program – Retrouvaille offers a welcoming and loving space to couples who have been living with difficulties in their marriage. Retrouvaille helps couples to listen, to forgive, to be reconciled and to move into a better future believing that God loves them and with His help and their efforts, their marriage can be healed. The next programs are April 9-11 and September 10-12, 2021. For more information about the Retrouvaille programs in the Greater Cincinnati area, call 513-456-5413 or visit https://www.helpourmarriage.org.
- Worldwide Marriage Encounter
Cana Family Institute – Cana Family Institute partners with Catholic parishes, schools and diocesan leaders to build Strong Catholic Marriages and Families using an enlightening curriculum and accompaniment approach by engaging and transforming the family for Christ and the Church. The Cana Experience focuses on forming parents of young children from birth to 5th grade.
Are you celebrating a significant wedding anniversary in 2021?
25, 40, 50, 60, 65, 70, or 75 years…
Request an Apostolic Blessing from Pope Francis
Note: For Apostolic Blessings there is a fee for postage and a donation to Papal Charities
To request an Anniversary Certificate from Archbishop Schnurr, complete the Anniversary Certificate form.
Parishes may also make the request for Wedding Certificates on behalf of couples by emailing the anniversary couples’ names and years married to Adriana Vasquez at [email protected].
Anniversary Certificate requests should be submitted by completing the online form or by email no later than June 11, 2021 to ensure timely delivery.
+ + + + + + + +
Married couples celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary in 2021 are invited to attend one of the following Golden Anniversary masses:
- Saturday, August 7 at 4:30 pm Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, Dayton
- Sunday, August 8 at 11:00 am the Cathedral Basilica of St. Peter in Chains, Cincinnati.
Please complete the Anniversary Certificate form to register to attend one of these masses.
What God Has Joined
“Among the elements to be instilled in this journey of faith, which is similar to the catechumenate, there must also be a deeper knowledge of the mystery of Christ and the Church, of the meaning of grace and of the responsibility of Christian marriage, as well as preparation for taking an active and conscious part in the rites of the marriage liturgy.” – St. John Paul II
|What God Has Joined: The New Marriage Catchumenate||Learn more about how marriage preparation present a unique opportunity to introduce a couple to the joys of the Catholic faith.||06-03-2020||DownloadPreview|
|Witness to Love||A marriage prep model that emphasizes integrating engaged couples back into the life of the parish.||06-03-2020||DownloadPreview|
|Fully Engaged||A Catholic catechetical premarital inventory for engaged couples.||06-03-2020||DownloadPreview|
Anti-Pornography Initiatives Resources
The coordinator of Anti-Pornography Initiatives aims to help protect the innocent and vulnerable from exposure to pornography and to help ensure the hope and healing of the Gospel is close at hand for those who want to break free. Here is a link to our web page. Stay tuned for a referral list of Catholic therapists in the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.
Support for Those Experiencing Divorce
Our mission is to help get you started– and keep you going– on the path to recovery, rebuilding, and renewal from divorce by providing you with information, resources, and encouragement.
This website approaches divorce healing through a 100% Catholic lens with divorce support programs, workshops, books and daily inspirations.
There’s no such thing as “Catholic divorce” but the bad news is Catholics do civilly divorce. We’re here to help, and to encourage healing through the Sacraments where you’ll personally encounter Christ—with all His love and tender mercies. And that’s the REALLY good news.
Surviving Divorce: Cincinnati Eastside Region: The winter session begins Wednesday, January 17, 2021. To register or to find out more please contact [email protected] or 513-331-0358. Click here for the flyer.
An annulment is a declaration by a Church tribunal (a Catholic church court) that a marriage thought to be valid according to Church law actually fell short of at least one of the essential elements required for a binding union. For more information about the Annulment Process including the answers to frequently asked questions click the title above to be taken to the USCCB Webpage.
At a time when divorce has become an everyday occurrence in society, parish leaders may feel at a loss as to how to address the overwhelming needs of the many divorced Catholics in their communities. With the wide range of emotions, questions, and dilemmas these men and women go through, how can they be effectively supported with truth and compassion? This webinar offers practical tools that can help parish leaders reach and serve this group within the Church.