Termination / Unemployment
The Archdiocese of Cincinnati is represented by T&W Employer Services, Inc., as our Third Party Administrator (TPA) regarding issues of unemployment compensation. As our official representative, it is their role and responsibility to respond and report information requested by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) on our behalf regarding any and all unemployment claims.
To ensure proper procedure is followed, if you are contacted by telephone from the unemployment office, (ODJFS) or receive any requested written correspondence/documentation for response DO NOT COMPLETE OR SUBMIT these documents to ODJFS. Immediately contact T&W at (614) 898-9500, the primary contact for unemployment claims is Kathy Waites.
Should your location experience a reduction in force and/or non-renewal of contracts for any staff member, please email Rob Reid in Human Resources, [email protected] and Kathy Waites at T&W [email protected] with a roster of the individuals affected to include:
- Employee’s name
- Last four digits of their social security number
- Date of hire
- Last day worked
- Position held
- Reason for separation
- Contesting unemployment benefits based on reason for separation (YES/NO)
- If contesting the unemployment benefits, supporting documentation must be provided to T&W Employer Services (e.g., resignation, employer’s policies, warnings, disciplinary record, performance issues, etc.)
- Last date paid regular pay
- Gross earnings for last date paid
- Severance paid (Yes/No) Allocated from date – through date, total gross amount
- Vacation paid – Allocated from date – through date, total gross amount
- Additional Severance paid per the signed Employer Agreement (YES/NO) Allocated from date – through date, total gross amount
This information should be provided as soon as you are aware of these reductions.
Additionally, employees should be informed that when filing and/or making application for unemployment benefits the employer account is listed as Cincinnati Catholic Religious Communities. They should not use the location/entity name as the employer, as this is not correct and will delay processing of unemployment benefits.
Thank you for your immediate cooperation and assistance with this matter. These efforts will ensure the correct employer and account is identified for the Archdiocese of Cincinnati’s unemployment claims and the responses meet the necessary mandates required by the Ohio Revised Code.
If you have questions about these matters, please call Rob Reid in Human Resources at (513) 263-6611, Bill Maly in the Finance Office at (513) 263-3354 or Kathy Waites at T&W Employer Services, Inc. at (614) 898-9500 or 1-800-777-1001.