The Associate Director for Hispanic Evangelization promotes and safeguards the teaching mission of the Church and exercises this teaching authority as delegated by the Archbishop. The ideal candidate for this position will develop a strong understanding of the Hispanic Catholic communities across the archdiocese and build productive, collaborative relationships within those. Additionally, the Associate Director will assist the Managing Director for Hispanic Evangelization in providing diocesan oversight for Hispanic ministries in parishes and catechetical formation and certification for Hispanic leaders and will collaborate closely and congenially with the entire staff of the Center for the New Evangelization (CNE) and the Department of Communication & Evangelization, as well as other archdiocesan offices. The Associate Director for Hispanic Evangelization must be a model of professional conduct and always represent the Archdiocese of Cincinnati with honesty and integrity.
The role of the Associate Director for Hispanic Evangelization requires the following skills and experience to assure effectiveness in the position:
- A practicing Catholic in good standing with strong knowledge of the Catholic Church, including structure and doctrine; a passion for the Catholic faith
- A Master’s degree in Theology or Religious Studies; a background in catechesis, evangelization and theology;
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in teaching or parish ministry
- Fluent in Spanish and English and have an extensive knowledge of Latino cultures
- The ability to communicate and relate well with people including strong interpersonal, presentation, teaching and leadership skills
- A team player; collaborative and enjoyable; pleasant and responsive; builds productive and mutually respectful relationships; creates trust; reliable
- Employs good judgment; meets deadlines; attends to duties as expected and communicates any barriers or difficulties as quickly as possible; must be able to manage multiple projects concurrently
Click to view full job description
Employment is contingent on a successful completion of all background checks and VIRTUS requirements.
Application deadline is May 25, 2021.