The Call Center Specialist is a consistent point of contact for those requesting services from the organization. Retrieving and returning daily calls along with providing service and resource information to neighbors calling for information are primary functions. This team member must consistently model the mission and values of St. Vincent de Paul.
- Timely, accurately, and compassionately respond to assistance and information calls while completing appropriate documentation of requests from neighbors and informing neighbors of availability of services according to current operating mode
- Retrieve calls from our service line and refer those neighbors located within an active Conference footprint to their respective SVDP Conference
- Participate as a member of the SVDP Social Services team as well as positively interact with Council members and staff.
- Serve neighbors in need with face-to-face services, including rent, utility, and other forms of assistance as needed.
- Understand how to share access information for assistance from other community resources as appropriate to address needs presented by neighbors.
- Lead/participate in special projects as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent is required and further academic achievement is preferred; at least one year of call center experience and/or social services experience strongly preferred; computer literacy is required; strong attention to detail and an ability to communicate well orally and in writing are required; experience with Google docs, Excel and Microsoft Office a must; bilingual (Spanish speaking) abilities are a plus; ability to work with and support a diverse team is required.
Mission: A network of neighbors, inspired by Gospel values, growing in holiness and building a more just world through personal relationships with and services to people in need.