Basic Life – AD&D
The Archdiocese of Cincinnati provides its eligible employees with $50,000 of Group Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance. Features of the Life coverage include a Right to Convert Provision, a Portability of Insurance Provision, Waiver of Premium (which will continue Life coverage without payment of premium while you are Totally Disabled), an Accelerated Benefit for the terminally ill and Travel Assist.
The Archdiocese of Cincinnati recognizes that different individuals have varying comfort levels and needs in regards to life insurance. It is important that you analyze a variety of factors to determine where you and your family need expanded coverage (e.g., risk factors, age, wellness, and medical history).
- Remember that the Archdiocese of Cincinnati provides you with $50,000 coverage. For additional Group Term Life above the $50,000, employees can elect Supplemental Life Insurance in increments of $10,000 up to $500,000.
- The Employee must elect Supplemental Life coverage, in order for him/herself to elect coverage for a spouse/dependent. Spouse coverage amount can be elected in increments of $10,000, not to exceed the employee’s benefit amount.
- Eligible children may be covered from birth through age 26. You can elect a benefit amount of $2,500, $5,000, $7,500, or $10,000.
- If an employee or spouse elects or increases coverage during annual enrollment, an Evidence of Insurability* form must be completed and approved by The Standard (this form is available within the MyEnroll system).
- If an employee or spouse currently has the maximum Guaranteed Issue amount with The Standard at annual enrollment, they can apply for additional amounts of coverage; however, Evidence of Insurability* will be required.
*Benefit won’t become effective until Evidence of Insurability is approved by The Standard.
To determine premium, take age at last birthday, find the rate as shown per $10,000 unit of life insurance, and multiply that rate by the number of $10,000 units desired. Do the same thing for spouse at his/her age for the number of units requested.
Monthly premium rates are based on your age at your last birthday. They will change on the plan anniversary date coinciding with or next following last birthday as you advance to a higher age bracket.